- We received word from City Green that the Passaic Neighborhood Center for Women is the recipient of a second-year Dig In! Grant to expand our community garden. Thank you, City Green! We look toward the future with hope, considering our garden area is now covered with much snow and ice.
- Sister Mathilde, a second-year novice with the Sisters of Christian Charity, joined us for the day. She is shown in the photos with some of the women in our Thursday English and Art classes.
- The art class, under the direction of Sister of Charity Mary Culhane, ventured into charcoal with some very spring-like pussy willow presentations (see photos).
- We held our first "Ladies' Night" -- now known as "Agua Vida" ("Living Water") -- with 15 women on Thursday evening. This is the second year for these women. However, as proof of this group's vitality, we will host a first-year group next week.
- All of us came out today in the bone-chilling cold to gather at the Center, after several weeks of false starts and no starts due to the weather. Can spring be far behind?
|Sister Mathilde with our women who are learning English|
|Sister Mathilde works alongside the art students.|
|An artist who is justifiably proud of her work!|
|Sister Mary demonstrates charcoal technique.|
|Signs of spring from today (top).|
Completed still life from last class.