This year, giving Tuesday occurs on December 1. There are several ways to help the Passaic Neighborhood Center for Women, should this be how you choose to spend your Giving Tuesday (or any "giving day" thereafter):
- Volunteers: Would you like to teach introductory English (no teaching experience necessary) or teach crocheting or sit with children two hours a week while their mothers take classes?
- Financial Donation: Donations can be made on the blog (click here, then click on the "Donate" button on the right) or by sending a check payable to "Passaic Neighborhood Center for Women" to the Center at 153 Washington Place, Passaic, NJ 07055.
- Gift cards: At the Center, we can always use gift cards from Staples to buy office supplies. Our women are always in need of food, so Shop Rite gift cards (in increments of $25 or less) are welcome.
- Photocopier and copy paper: Currently, we use "All-in-One" printers for our photocopying needs. We would welcome a photocopier that can copy more efficiently than these. Also, we are in need of reams of white copy paper.
- Diapers and wipes: From time to time, a mother has to make a choice between food and diapers for her child. At these times, we try to help with diapers and wipes. The most-used diaper sizes are 3 and 5.
If you can help with any of these requests -- whether on "Giving Tuesday" or during the rest of the year, please contact Sister Ann Marie at the Center -- (973) 470-0844 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and God bless you for your generosity in considering these requests.