Contact

217 Third Street
Passaic, New Jersey 07055
973.470.0844

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Volunteer Profile: Keimony

Since this is National Volunteer Week, we are beginning our volunteer profiles.  Introducing Keimony Brown, junior at Montclair State University and volunteer at the Neighborhood Center for Women.  We are grateful to Keimony and all our volunteers!
Keimony provides computer tutoring each Wednesday. 
 My name is Keimony Brown and I currently reside in Paterson, NJ. I’m a student at Montclair State University and this will be my junior year. From a very young age I've always had a passion for helping others, teaching, and giving back to the community. My current major is Psychology.  My career aspirations are to become an industrial organizational psychologist. While pursing and obtaining this role I would like to teach within and urban community to enhance the knowledge of psychology to those willing to learn. I was offered to volunteer at the Passaic Neighborhood Center for Women as a part of a service learning requirement for one of my classes. I chose the Center because of my prior knowledge of growing up within an urban area, moreover for my passion of wanting to give back to the urban community by means of teaching and motivating. Since the first time I interviewed to be a volunteer I felt welcomed into a warm, friendly environment whose sole purpose is to assist in the needs of women within urban areas. Throughout my time of service at the Center, their mission statement and commitment to the women within the Center grew on me and sparked a fuel within.  This has enabled me to do all that I can to assist with the computer needs of the women. Overall I really enjoy volunteering at the center and being apart of their vision for women within urban communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment